How To Choose The Perfect Bed
We spend a third of our lives asleep, so a good bed can make all the difference to your happiness, health and longevity. Whether you go for a divan, queen mattress, waterbed or even four-poster, choosing the perfect bed to enjoy some life-enhancing rest is essential.
Top tips for finding your perfect bed
- Not all mattresses are made equal. You can get pocket sprung, open sprung and foam mattresses – all of which offer different levels of support and comfort. Make sure you know all the options and test them out. It pays to take time over your decision.
- Firm beds aren’t necessarily better for you. Your bed should be supportive, but it must also be comfortable. You won’t get a good night’s sleep if you’re uncomfortable on an overly firm mattress.
- Though you may be tempted by a large bed, make sure you take measurements to ensure it fits well in your room. A king may be bigger than a queen mattress, but will you still be able to open your wardrobe?
- You may feel self-conscious about testing a bed in a shop, but in order to pick your perfect bed you’ll have to overcome your embarrassment and lie on each one, in your normal sleeping position, for at least five minutes.
- It’s better to go for the best value bed rather than the cheapest. A well-constructed bed will last longer and offer better comfort and support. After you’ve tested out a few beds in a shop, save money by buying them from an online auction house like GraysOnline, which has a huge selection and delivers all over Australia.
There are so many varieties of beds available that it can sometimes be difficult choosing the right one. However, by researching the most suitable type for your body and then using online resources like GraysOnline, you will be able to get the ideal bed for the best price.