Conditions Of Sale
By registering and bidding, you have agreed to Grays online terms and conditions of sale. Please familiarise yourself with these terms prior to bidding on any items in this auction.
Assets included in this sale may be used, therefore inspection is highly recommended prior to bidding. Photos and descriptions should be used as a guide only.
NOTE: THIS IS AN AUCTION SALE. ALL ASSETS IN THIS SALE ARE SOLD "AS IS"
Please take care when making a bid as once your bid is placed, it cannot be withdrawn and will not be cancelled. If you are unsure do not bid as no refunds will be given.
Electrical Power Tools and Equipment
If you have not purchased electrical tools and equipment in this auction disregard this notice.
Electrical Power Tools and Equipment (Inc. electrical leads)
The electrical articles in this auction have not been proved to be electrically safe. The electrical articles have not been tested by a qualified electrical worker and have not been proved to be
electrically safe. General advice on how to use second-hand electrical power tools and equipment (including electrical leads) safely. General safe use advice for electrical power tools and equipment etc. intended for use with rated voltage of not more than 250V for single phase appliances and 480V for other appliances. This advice is not intended to replace specific manufacturer's information but can be used as a general guide. This advice does not cater for young children or people who are physically weak.
You are urged to:
- Use the power tool only for its intended purpose.
- If the power tool is for indoor use only, do not use outdoors.
- Do not immerse the power tool in water unless it is designed for this purpose.
- Keep hands, fingers, feet, toes and hair away from dangerous moving parts, cutting blades and the like.
- Do not use electrical power tools in the rain.
- Make sure you have dry hands when operating an electrical power tool.
- Do not use a damaged power tool.
- A power tool may not be intended for use by children or people with an illness or disability without supervision.
- Young children should not be allowed to play with the power tool.
- Some power tools require special precautions for installation or user maintenance or both.
- The plug must be removed from the socket-outlet before any cleaning or maintenance is done.
- Do not place cord extension sockets or portable power outlet boards where they may be splashed or where moisture may get in.
- Ensure ventilation holes or outlets are not blocked or partially obstructed.
- If a fixed power tool does not have a supply cord and plug or other means for disconnection from the supply, a means for disconnection must be incorporated into the fixed wiring according to the Wiring Rules.
- If the supply cord or plug is damaged:
- The manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualified person must replace the cord to prevent an accident.
- Power tools with specially prepared cords must be replaced by a special cord or assembly available from the manufacturer or its service agent.
- Other power tools that have a supply cord that cannot be replaced, should be scrapped.
- The power tool should be maintained in order to ensure a long, useful life and to protect the operator against electric shock or mechanical mishaps.
- A safety switch can enhance electrical safety when using electrical power tools.
Non-Prescribed Electrical Equipment
The DIY signage attached is in relation to non-prescribed electrical equipment purchased, of which electrical work is required under the Qld Electrical Safety Act 2002 to be performed by a licensed electrical contractor or licensed electrical worker.
- fixed-wired electrical equipment, such as air conditioners, stoves, ovens, electric hot water systems, ceiling fans, light fittings
- electrical accessories, such as socket outlets, light switches, electrical cable, wall switches, plugs and cord extension sockets
- electrical parts, such as electrical motors, switches, solenoids, elements
Date and Time
Monday 29th October to Friday 2nd November 2012, 9.00am to 3.00pm
12 Forge Close, Sumner Park, Qld.
Site Access & PPE Information
- Persons under the age of 15 years will not be permitted on site unless accompanied and supervised on site.
- It is a condition of entry that all persons entering the site comply with any directions given by GraysOnline staff, their representatives or the site controller.
- It is a condition of entry that all persons conduct themselves in a manner which does not endanger the health and safety of other persons on site, and which does not create a risk to health and safety.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- GraysOnline will specify, according to the hazards and risks assessed as present on the site, any mandatory PPE required to be worn prior gaining approval to entry to the site. This equipment may include Safety Footwear, Safety Eyewear, Hearing Protection, and Head Protection, or any other item of PPE deemed necessary.
Plant Hazard Reports
GraysOnline advises all buyers that all plant offered for sale at auction may not be fit for use in a workplace. It is the buyers/owners responsibility to ensure that an operational risk assessment is undertaken, prior to use, and the plant be brought to a condition which complies with relevant State Legislation, Regulations and applicable Codes of Practice. GraysOnline will provide:
- Safety information relating to the condition of the item of plant for sale (Plant Hazard Reports)
- Clear identification and marking to identify that the plant item is only suitable for scrap or spare parts
Site Access, PPE and Removal of Plant requirements are listed under the Inspection and Collection Headings.
Industrial Equipment Safety Warning
GraysOnline warn buyers That All Plant Or Equipment Offered For Sale At This Auction May Not Be Fit For Use In A Workplace and it is the Buyers or Users Responsibility to ensure that it is brought to a state necessary to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and is safe and fit for use in the workplace. Breaches of the Occupational Health and Safety Act carry penalties for people who PURCHASE and OPERATE UNSAFE EQUIPMENT without conducting a thorough safety inspection. Plant MUST be given a safety inspection prior to operation when it is purchased at Auction.
(a) Removal Process
All work carried out by the buyer or his representative in this removal process is to be undertaken by adequately qualified and insured persons. Insurance and trade certificates may be required to be provide. All work practices employed by the buyer or his representative during removals must comply to all regulatory requirements and/or those as required by the vendor.
(b) General Site Access Requirements
Tradespeople eg electricians, plumbers etc will be required to produce relevant licence before commencing work on site
Forklift, crane drivers, riggers etc will be required to produce licence before commencing work on site It is a condition of entry to site that all visitors comply with any directions given by GraysOnline staff or representatives. Work carried out on this site must be done in a manner complaint with all Occupational Health & Safety Legislation All power tools and equipment used on this site must be tested (tagged) safe for use in accordance with S3760 service testing and inspection of electrical equipment GraysOnline will specify, based on the hazards present on the site, the mandatory personal protective equipment required to be worn prior to approval being given for entry to the site. (eg safety footwear, safety eyewear, hard hats etc) The use of certified equipment, harnesses, work platforms etc will be required for any work carried out above 1.8 metres.
(c) Plant Hazard Identification Reports
In accordance with current Occupational Health & Safety regulations, Hazard Identification Reports will be provided for all items meeting the definition of plant. These reports are available for inspection prior to commencement of the Auction. Reports for "high risk profile" items will be available from the Auction premises during the inspection period. Reports for "low risk profile" items (ie household appliances) are viewable at any time upon request.