New Hope for People with Bipolar Disorder: Your Friendly, Authoritative Guide to the Latest in Traditional and Complementary Solutions
2ndPublisher: Three Rivers Press (CA)Format: Paperback
The second edition of this groundbreaking guidebook provides up-to-date treatments and compassionate guidance for anyone affected by bipolar disorder—from the recently diagnosed to chronic sufferers and their families. You'll receive tips from world-renowned experts—including coauthor Nancy Rosenfeld, herself a bipolar survivor—and learn about vital new options and innovations in bipolar treatment and research, such as:
- New precautions: why some patients can get worse rather than better when taking antidepressant medication
- The inside story on atypical antipsychotic medications, antidepressants, and other medications that affect neurotransmitters
- New genetic research, studies on serotonin, studies into childhood and adolescent bipolar disorder, and results of neuron imaging and neuropsychological testing
- Advice on making instant, effective lifestyle changes, coping with stigma, and deciding whether or not—and how—to disclose your illness to others.
- A guide to the many evolving forms of psychotherapy
GST Note: GST is included in the price of this item. GST is included in the freight.