The Merck Manual of Health & Aging
Inc. Merck & Co.
Publisher: Ballantine BooksFormat: Paperback
From one of the most trusted names in medical references comes an accessible, all-inclusive guide for older adults that shares what measures to take to optimize the aging process, prevent disease, and improve your overall health. Inside you'll discover clear, authoritative information on
- preventive medical care and good nutrition
- common medical disorders in older adults
- strategies for coping with disease
- steps for finding the best in medical care
- how to communicate with health care practitioners
- the role of alternative and complementary medicine
- the benefits and risks of medical tests
- the challenges of caregiving and rehabilitation
- safe, easy-to-follow cardio exercises
Also featuring candid essays by seniors who share their insights and personal experiences on growing older, The Merck Manual of Health & Aging is an essential home reference for making your later years truly golden.Merck & Co., Inc., is a pharmaceutical company and trusted contributor to world health. Merck produces numerous clinically relevant, scientifically accurate, and affordable medical reference books.The Merck Manual of Health & Aging was edited by an outstanding staff of experienced editors. The team was led and all content reviewed by a renowned group of geriatricians.From one of the most trusted names in medical references comes an accessible, all-inclusive guide to the health care system for older adults, and the disorders they are most likely to experience. Inside you'll discover
GST Note: GST is included in the price of this item. GST is included in the freight.