Work 101: Learning the Ropes of the Workplace Without Hanging Yourself
1stPublisher: DeltaFormat: Paperback
In this straight-talking guide, MBA Elizabeth Freedman—an expert in corporate etiquette—shares the rules of the workplace that only veterans know: survival secrets that will help you avoid the common mistakes that can sink careers at the gate. From getting a seat at the meeting table to dealing with a demanding boss, from talking salary in a performance review to what not to say at a business function, Work 101 tells you everything you need to know to master the (shameless) art of climbing the corporate ladder.
- Manage the manager—how to survive any type of boss, including the Boss from Hell
- Master the art of introduction—have them at hello
- Create winning e-mails that actually get read—and tips for avoiding on-screen blunders and other career-ending disasters
- How to handle a “cube invader”
- What not to order, wear, or say at a business lunch
- The real rules for dressing business casual—what to wear and when
- How not to be clueless about promotions and (bigger) bonuses
- The five steps to employee-boss success—including the top-ten things to listen to and observe
- How to avoid burning your bridges (and other great exit strategies)...and much, much more
GST Note: GST is included in the price of this item. GST is included in the freight.